Nevin Erdemir

Erdemir was born in 1976 in Diyarbakir. She worked as a reporter and editor for the Özgür Gündem. She was imprisoned for 29 months under the so-called “KCK Press” case and was among the six most recently released journalists. After her release on March 27, 2014, she continued to work as a journalist. She served as the co-president of the Free Journalists Association. On May 3, 2016, she launched the “Editors in Solidarity” campaign for the Özgür Gündem newspaper as the co-chair of the Özgür Journalists Association along with Hakkı Boltan. She was acquitted in the case filed for propaganda charges for this campaign. She is currently on trial for the KCK Press case pending trial on the charge of “being an executive of an organization.”

“KCK Press” Trial

On December 20, 2011, 49 journalists and employees of Kurdish media, especially the Dicle News Agency (DİHA), the Özgür Gündem newspaper, Fırat News Agency and Roj TV, were detained during police raids on houses and offices within the KCK operations in Istanbul, Ankara, İzmir, Van, Adana and Diyarbakir.

The next day, all the detained journalists were taken to the Counter-Terror Division (TEM) at the Vatan Police Station in Istanbul. In an investigation by the Istanbul Public Prosecutor, the journalists in custody and their lawyers were not informed about the accusations on the basis that there was a ”restriction-confidentiality order” on the case.

Nevin Erdemir was detained on December 20, 2013. Seven of the journalists were brought to the Istanbul Courthouse in Besiktas after receiving medical reports on the morning of December 23, 2011, and they were released after the interrogation at the prosecutor’s office. Forty-two journalists, including Erdemir, were referred to the court. On December 24, 2011, 35 journalists and media workers were jailed along with Erdemir. Erdemir was taken to the Bakırköy Women’s Prison.

According to the indictment, Erdemir said in her testimony at the prosecutor’s office that “she worked as an editor and news reporter for Gündem newspaper, went to Northern Iraq for sightseeing purposes, that she also worked for the Özgür Gündem newspaper, and she did not accept the secret witness statement.”

The indictment was completed on April 27, 2012, by the Istanbul Public Prosecutor. In summary, the indictment argued the “KCK/PKK Press Committee” and the Democratic Enlightenment Union (Yekîtiya Ragihandina Demokratik - YRD)” directed the broadcasting policy and news of the Kurdish media. In the indictment, 44 journalists and media workers were accused of “being an executive of an armed terrorist organization” or “being a member of an armed terrorist organization.”

In the indictment, the prosecutor assessed that “KCK / PKK’s Press Committee has held regular meetings since 2001 in order to consolidate the hierarchy in the media network of the organization, and that the Press Conferences have gradually turned into YRD Conferences” as well as “The Press Committee’s publication policy aims to be in line with the goals of establishing an independent Kurdistan.”

While the journalistic activities are defined as organizational activities; the indictment lined up assessments such as “so-called journalism”, “news that would disrupt the image of the state”, “news that would put the Turkish state in trouble”, “organizational journalism”, and that “an independent journalist would not be able to make these news ”,“ state members were insulted in the photographs found on the computer.”

Thirty-seven pages of the 800-page indictment described the KCK / PKK structure. In this section, the statements of the prosecutor, the three members of the organization and three secret witnesses who were arrested or surrendered were included. The meetings of Öcalan with his lawyers and their correspondence were also mentioned.
In the next 100 pages, the history of the Kurdish media, newspapers, magazines, radio, television and internet sites that have been broadcasting since the 1970s and the allegations about the relationship of these media with the organization are mentioned.

The prosecution alleged that DİHA, ANF, Azadiya Welat and Roj TV were broadcasting in line with the goals of the KCK/PKK. It used the news, images, articles and interviews that these media organizations quoted from each other, secret witness statements, suspicious statements, and the KCK Convention’s chapter on the press as evidence.

Journalists’ news, journalistic activities, their reports for the media outlets such as Roj TV and ANF were considered as evidence of a crime. Six-hundred and fifty pages of the indictment consisted of individual evaluations of 44 journalists.

Dicle News Agency (DİHA), Fırat Printing Publication and Distribution Company, Gün Printing (the printing house where papers Azadiya Welat, Denge Welat, Özgür Gündem, New Democratic Society, New Democratic Life, New Democratic Nation newspapers; Free People, Democratic Modernity, Patriotic Youth papers were printed) Fırat News Agency (ANF), Azadiya Welat newspapers, Özgür Gündem, daily and weekly newspapers published in Turkish; Roj TV, Medya TV, Mesopotamia Radio and various media and news sites were listed as organs of the “KCK / PKK’s press.

The five-page long section about Nevin Erdemir begins on page 347 of the indictment.

This section includes three stories allegedly involving “propaganda for a terrorist organization,” two secret witness statements and the dates and details of her overseas travels.

While the indictment said Erdemir had previously been “arrested” on charges of “making propaganda for an organization,” the dates and details of this arrest were not included. Then, Erdemir’s overseas travel dates between 2009-2011 were mentioned.

The prosecutor listed the following as Nevin Erdemir’s reports that allegedly involved “propaganda of a terrorist organization”:

1- A report titled, “The resistance tradition will continue,” was published on November 24, 2011 in the DIHA after a press conference at the Turkey Journalist’s League protesting the police raids targeting the Özgür Gündem, Democratic Modernity, the Özgür Halk (Free People) and Dipnot magazines.
The prosecutor stated, “It’s been determined that Erdemir had attended the press conference.”
2- Erdemir’s interview with Selahattin Demirtaş, the co-chair of the BDP titled, “The AKP wants a ceasefire but there must be conditions,” published on the Özgür Gündem website on November 29, 2011.
The prosecutor stated that “The interview was made by the Nevin Erdemir who is also in the press committee of the organization with the other person who speaks like the representative of the organization and published on the paper which is the representative of the organization.
3- Report published on the ANF website on January 23, 2010, titled, “8 people were arrested in Batman.”

The prosecutor used the following statements about Erdemir: “Intel indicates Erdemir works as a reporter for the Azadiya Welat newspaper which operates under the guidance of the organization.”

Evidence in relation to the witnesses, secret witnesses and suspect statements are as follows;

1- The secret witness Cemile’s statement, “9-Nevin Erdemir: I know she worked for the Özgür Gündem newspaper, I do not know her current position.”
2- The secret witness Batuhan Yildiz’s statement “5- Nevin Erdemir: works in Istanbul Free People and Democratic Modernity” and the allegation that Erdemir was operating in the press committee.

The prosecution claimed that Erdemir left Turkey on August 30, 2009, to participate in the Fifth Press Conference, which lasted nine days in September 2009, and returned on March 16, 2010.

In his legal assessment on Nevin Erdemir, the prosecutor stated that Erdemir “was operating as an executive of the Press Committee of Turkey” and “worked as an editor and reporter with Gündem and Özgür Gündem.”

The prosecutor alleged that Erdemir participated in the YRD’s 5th Press Conference and that she was “reporting news that included the propaganda of the organization,” that she was “in contact with senior executives of the organization” and “participated in secret meetings.”

The proceedings, which were marked by debates on the right to defense in the mother tongue, took place in the 15th Assize Court (10 chapters consisting of 32 sessions) from September 10, 2012 to March 3, 2014. On November 12, 2012, the hearings that began in the Caglayan Courthouse were moved to the Silivri campus courtroom. From March 26, 2014, to January 11, 2018, 16 hearings were held at the Istanbul 3rd Assize Court at the Çağlayan Courthouse.

All the detainees, including Nevin Erdemir, travelled back and forth from Silivri to different prisons for the trials that lasted for days. At the beginning of the trial, protests took place in the courtroom after the requests to make defenses in the mother tongue were rejected, and all journalists and lawyers in pretrial detention for the KCK started a hunger strike. The defendants continued to respond in the Kurdish and Zazaki languages during the identification sessions at the court.

There were often arguments and protests during the hearings, the microphones of the lawyers were turned off and the hall was evacuated. The 15th Assize Court denounced the audience, the lawyers and the defendants for applauding as a form of protest and for “the statements that went beyond the defense limits and constituted a crime.”

It took six hearings to finish reading out the 800-page indictment against 44 defendants and the 185-page indictment against two defendants, whose files were merged. The indictment was read out by two TRT presenters mostly to an empty hall. In January 2013, two more cases involving two other people who were on trial in another court and their 187-page indictment were merged with the KCK trial. When the reading of the indictments was completed on April 22, 2013, during the 12th hearing, 11 of the 37 detainees had been released.

It took six hearings to finish reading out the 800-page indictment against 44 defendants and the 185-page indictment against two defendants, whose files were merged. The indictment was read out by two TRT presenters mostly to an empty hall. In January 2013, two more cases involving two other people who were on trial in another court and their 187-page indictment were merged with the KCK trial. When the reading of the indictments was completed on April 22, 2013, during the 12th hearing, 11 of the 37 detainees had been released.

On April 25, 2013, Nevin Erdemir started her defense in Kurdish through an interpreter during the 14th session, emphasizing the importance of defense in the mother tongue. Erdemir talked about the ongoing pressures against the Kurdish press and said, “My prosecution has three reasons. First, I am a Kurd, the second, I’m a woman, and the third, I’m an employee of the free press. (…) The free press tradition takes its power from its past. It continues its policy of broadcasting for a democratic solution to the Kurdish problem for almost twenty years. It carried out this broadcasting policy with the principle “we will never compromise.” (…) I tell you, the members of the court, do not participate in this pollution. Reject the indictment and set us free.”

Subsequently, the president of the court, began reading the list of evidence. Erdemir said that she would respond after the evidence was read out in detail. Lawyer Özcan Kılıç objected to the substitution of the evidence, the hearing continued with the defense of another defendant.

Lawyer Özcan Kılıç took the floor on April 26, 2013, during the 14th session. Kılıç said the indictment wrongfully mentions some dates as Erdemir’s overseas travels even though she was in Turkey. He also reiterated the statements of the secret witness were contradictory, as one witness said Erdemir was working for the Gündem and another said she was working for the Democratic Modernity. He criticized the presentation of this erroneous and contradictory information as “evidence.” Kılıç stated the indictment claimed Erdemir had been “arrested” for propaganda charges, but she was only briefly detained during a press conference against the closure of the Özgür Gündem newspaper where Erdemir worked.

The proceedings continued with objections to the substitution of evidence and discussions of the court’s time limitation. At the hearing, the lawyers demanded the proceedings at the Istanbul 15th Assize Court be suspended and also demanded the release of the prisoners, arguing that the controversy on the possible abolition of the current Special Competent Courts (SCC) also made this court controversial. The court rejected this request.However, with the amendment of the relevant law on February 21, 2014, the SCCs were completely abolished and the last session was held on March 3, 2014. The case file was sent to the Istanbul Third Assize Court.

The eight defendants, including Erdemir, were released by the Third Assize Court on March 27, 2014, after a routine detention review. On May 12, 2014, six more journalists were released, leaving no defendants pending trial.

After July 10, 2014, the trial continued in the Istanbul Third Assize Court at Çağlayan Courthouse. The travel ban against 37 defendants was removed during the first hearing of the Istanbul Third Assize Court, chaired by the judge. At the tenth hearing, it was revealed that judge asked the police to cancel the journalists’ passports based on a decree law. The lawyers reiterated their demands for the acquittal of all defendants and awaited the decision by the Constitutional Court.

The lawyers said the proceedings in the abolished SCCs lost their legitimacy, and that the continuation of these proceedings in the Assize Courts was unconstitutional. The Istanbul Third Assize Court sent the file to the Constitutional Court to examine the allegations of unconstitutionality. The court awaited two hearings in order to receive a reply from the Constitutional Court, and after 16 months the court decided to take the case as the Constitutional Court did not respond.

The lawyers reiterated their demands to wait for the decision of the Constitutional Court and the acquittal of all the defendants. Most of the law enforcement officers, prosecutors and judges who were involved in the investigation, prosecution and judiciary process were either detained or they deserted after the failed July 15 coup attempt. The case was then transferred to the Istanbul Third Assize Court. The lawyers demanded the legal proceedings against these figures to be added to the file. While accepting this request, the court ruled that all prosecutions and investigations against the accused journalists should also be included in the file.

Of the 46 defendants, only the deserted defendant Ismet Kayhan did not make his defense in court. The substitution of evidence has not taken place yet. The ongoing case against the law enforcement officers, who were involved during the investigation process and are on trial at the Istanbul 26th Criminal Court of First Instance, is expected to be attached to the case. At the same time, the arrest warrant against Ismet Kayhan is expected to be executed. The 16th hearing of the case was held on May 21, 2019.

In the seven-year trial, the prosecution still did not disclose its opinion on the merits. The next hearing of the case was scheduled for 10:00 am October 22, 2019.

17th hearing of the case took place at October 22nd, 2019. Next hearing is set to February 25th, 2020, 10:30. In this case, which is underway since September 2012, prosecution has not provided their opinion as to the accusations, yet.

The 19th hearing of the trial took place on July 2nd. The president of the court stated that the writ sent to the General Secretariat of Council of Judges and Prosecutors (HSK) about the progress in the trial was added to the case file. Accordingly, HSK demanded information from the court for the disciplinary investigation against Bilal Bayraktar, a prosecutor dismissed for alleged “membership of the Fethullahist Terror Organization.” Bayraktar was the prosecutor in charge of indictment and hearings at KCK Press Trial. Journalist Çağdaş Ulus’ lawyer Mehtap Acar Ulus stated that her client was included in the trial via manipulation. She demanded that his file be separated from the collective file and Ulus be acquitted. The court ruled to await the execution of the arrest warrant against İsmet Kayhan, who lives abroad.

The trial was adjourned until December 1st, 2020.

European Court of Human Right Process

At November 20th, European Court of Human Rights(ECHR) denied the request regarding the case in which the journalists were being tried, with the reasoning that making a personal appeal to the Constitutional Court was still possible. The attorneys had made the request due to false imprisonment. However, at the time of the arrests and the request to the ECHR, the requirement to make the individual appeal to the Constitutional Court prior to the application to the ECHR, had not come into force.

19. Standing - July 2, 2020

Duruşma, gelen evrakların tutanağa geçirilmesiyle başladı.

Mahkeme heyeti başkanı; Hakimler ve Savcılar Kurulu (HSK) Genel Sekreterliği’nden bu yargılamanın geldiği aşama ile ilgili bilginin istendiği yazının dosyaya eklendiğini açıkladı. Buna göre, HSK; “Fethullahçı Terör Örgütü üyesi olduğu” iddiasıyla meslekten çıkarılan savcı Bilal Bayraktar ile ilgili disiplin soruşturması için mahkemeden bilgi istiyordu. Savcı Bayraktar, “KCK Basın” yargılamasının soruşturma ve iddianame savcısıydı.

Gazeteci Çağdaş Ulus’un avukatı Mehtap Acar Ulus, Çağdaş Ulus’un bir manipülasyon yoluyla bu davaya dahil edildiğini söyledi. Çağdaş Ulus hakkındaki dosyanın, bu dosyadan ayrılmasını ve Ulus’un beraatini talep etti.

Hakimler ve Savcılar Kurulu‘nun (HSK) savcı Bilal Bayraktar hakkındaki disiplin soruşturması kapsamında, “KCK Basın” yargılamasıyla ilgili gelişmelerin ve kararın HSK Genel Sekreterliği’ne bildirilmesine yönelik yazı, dosyaya eklendi.

“FETÖ üyesi olduğu” iddiasıyla meslekten çıkartılan savcı Bayraktar, “KCK Basın” dosyasının da soruşturma ve iddianame savcısıydı.

Çağdaş Ulus müdafii avukat Mehtap Acar Ulus, müvekkili hakkında beraat talebiyle yazılı beyan sundu. Ulus’un dosyasının KCK Basın dosyasından ayrılmasını talep etti.

Diğer sanık müdafiileri, bu aşamada bir talepleri olmadığını söyledi.

Mahkeme, Çağdaş Ulus’un dosyasının ayrılması yönündeki talebini reddetti.

HSK’nın iddianame savcısı Bilal Bayraktar hakkında yürüttüğü disiplin soruşturması için, yargılamanın her aşamasının HSK Genel Sekreterliği’ne bildirilmesine karar verildi.

Ayrıca, sanıklardan yurtdışında ikamet eden İsmet Kayhan hakkındaki yakalama kararının yerine getirilmesinin beklenmesine karar verildi.

Yargılamanın, 1 Aralık 2020 tarihinde görülecek 20. duruşma ile devam etmesine karar verildi.

Duruşma Öncesi

Güvenlik görevlisi, bariyerlerin geçilmesine izin verdi. Duruşma öncesi salonun önü boştu. Avukatlar tam duruşma saatinde, salonun önüne geldi.

Avukatlardan birinin beklenmesine karar verildi. Avukatın, o sırada başka bir mahkemede karar beklediği için geciktiği belirtildi.

Duruşma 10 dakika gecikmeli başladı.

Mahkeme Salonu Koşulları

Mahkeme salonunda yaklaşık 25 kişilik oturma alanı vardı. “Koronavirüs” pandemisi karşısında alınan tedbirleri kapsamında, sosyal mesafenin sağlanması için sandalyelere birer aralıkla bantlar çekilmişti.

Duruşmaya Katılım

Duruşmaya, Medya ve Hukuk Çalışmaları Derneği (MLSA) ve Türkiye Gazeteciler Sendikası’ndan gözlemciler katıldı.

Genel Gözlemler

Duruşma 18 dakika sürdü.

Pandemi nedeniyle izleme alanında fiziksel mesafe önlemleri alınmıştı ancak salonda bulunan mahkeme başkanı, iki heyet üyesi, savcı ve katip arasında sadece bir mahkeme heyeti üyesi maskesini takıyordu.

Mahkeme başkanı duruşma boyunca mikrofonunu kullanmadı ve kısık sesle konuştu. Söyledikleri izleyiciler tarafından duyulmadı.

18. Standing - Feb. 25, 2020

Duruşma öngörülen saatten 10 dakika sonra başladı, karar için verilen 5 dakikalık ara dahil, toplam 35 dakika sürdü.

Duruşmaya, Ses ve Görüntülü Bilişim Sistemi (SEGBİS) ile katılması beklenen Yüksel Genç, mahkeme salonunda hazır bulundu. Genç, yaptığı savunmayı ayrıca yazılı olarak da sundu.

Genç savunmasında, hakkında İstanbul 14. Ağır Ceza Mahkemesi’nde görülen ve daha sonra “KCK Basın” ile birleştirilen dosyanın iddianamesine tepki gösterdi. Demokratik Toplum Kongresi (DTK) kuruculuğuyla suçlandığı bu dosyadaki deliller arasında hakkındaki teknik takip delillerinin de gösterildiğini, ancak kendisinin o tarihlerde “KCK Basın” davasından tutuklu olduğunu açıkladı.

DTK’da 2009-2011 arası görev yaptığını ve DTK’nın yasadışı bir yapı olmadığını söyledi, suçlamaları reddetti. TBMM Anayasa Komisyonu’nun DTK’dan resmi olarak görüş istediğine dair belgeyi mahkemeye sundu.

Sanıklardan Hüseyin Deniz de salonda hazır bulundu. Deniz bu aşamada söyleyecek bir şeyi olmadığını ifade etti.

Ardından Çağdaş Ulus’un avukatlığını üstlenen eşi sözü aldı. Ulus’la 5 senedir tanıştıklarını, çocuklarının 1 yaşında olduğunu ancak bu davanın halen devam ettiğini söyledi. Ayrıca eşi Ulus’un 2011’de gözaltına alınmadan birkaç ay önce zorunlu askerlik hizmetini yerine getirdiğini anlattı; teröristlikle suçlanmasına tepki gösterdi. Dosyasının ayrılmasını talep etti.

Ardından söz alan diğer tüm sanıklar müdafii Özcan Kılıç, öncelikle Yüksel Genç’in duruşmalardan vareste tutulmasını talep etti. Sanıklardan Ziya Çiçekçi hakkında açılan başka bir dosyanın birleştirilmesini de istedi.

Kılıç, müvekkillerinin DTK üyesi olmakla suçlandığını, ancak DTK’nın yasadığı bir yapı olmadığını anlattı. DTK’nın yasadışı bir örgüt olup olmadığının tespit edilmesini talep etti.

Avukat Kılıç, “KCK Basın’ dosyasının soruşturma aşamasında gözaltına alınan, o dönem AFP (Agence France Presse, Fransız Haber Ajansı) muhabiri Mustafa Özer’in MİT ajanı olduğunun ortaya çıktığını” iddia etti. İlk başta şüpheli listesinde yer alan ancak şu an dosyada bulunmayan Özer’in mahkeme huzurunda dinlenmesini talep etti.

Mahkeme karar için 5 dakika ara verdi.

Mahkeme sanıkların ve müdafilerinin tüm taleplerini reddetti.

İsmet Kayhan hakkındaki yakalama emrinin infazının beklenmesine karar verdi.

Bir sonraki duruşma 2 Temmuz 2020 saat 10.00’da görülecek.

Duruşma Öncesi

Duruşmadan birkaç dakika önce polis barikatı açılarak gazetecilerin salon önüne geçişine izin verildi.

Mahkeme Salonu Koşulları

Mahkeme salonu yaklaşık 30 kişilikti. Mahkeme başkanı mikrofon kullanmadı ve duruşmada konuşulan hiçbir şey izleyici bölümünden duyulmadı.

Duruşmaya Katılım

Duruşmaya sanık müdafii olarak sekiz avukat katıldı. Duruşmayı; Gazetecileri Koruma Komitesi (CPJ), P24 ve Medya ve Hukuk Çalışmaları Derneği (MLSA) temsilcileri takip etti.

Genel Gözlemler

Duruşma öngörülen saatten 10 dakika sonra başladı, karar için verilen 5 dakikalık ara dahil, toplam 35 dakika sürdü.

Duruşma devam ederken, bir sonraki duruşmanın SEGBİS bağlantısı kuruldu ve SEGBİS’le bağlanan kişi kendi duruşmasını bekledi.

Duruşma esnasında mahkeme başkanının sanıklardan Yüksel Genç’e “sen” diyerek hitap etmesine bir avukat itiraz etti. Mahkeme başkanı “Bu sen-siz tartışması yıllardır sürüyor” dedi ve “sen” ifadesinin sıkıntılı bir ifade olmadığını söyleyerek duruşmaya devam etti.

Mahkeme karar için ara verdiğinde salon boşaltıldı. Ancak savcının salonda oturuyordu. 5 dakika sonra salonun kapısı açıldı. Mahkeme başkanının bir sonraki duruşma tarihini söylemesiyle duruşma sona erdi. Mahkeme başkanı erkek, heyetin iki üyesi kadın hakimdi.

17. Standing - Oct. 22, 2019

Bir önceki duruşmada, sanıklardan Yüksel Genç hakkında İstanbul 14. Ağır Ceza Mahkemesi’nde görülen dosyanın KCK Basın dosyasıyla birleştirilmesi talebi, İstanbul 3. Ağır Ceza Mahkemesi tarafından reddedilmişti.

İki duruşma arasında, İstinaf Mahkemesi; Genç hakkındaki iki dosyanın İstanbul 3. Ağır Ceza Mahkemesi’nde birleştirilmesine resen karar verdi.

Yargılamanın 17. duruşması, bu kararın dosyaya eklenmesiyle başladı. Yeni dosya eklendiği için Genç’in tekrar savunma sunması istendi. Avukat Özcan Kılıç, Genç’in savunması için Diyarbakır’da hazır edileceğini ifade etti.

Sanıklardan Ziya Çiçekçi hakkında, “terör örgütü yayınlarını basmak ve yayınlamak” suçlamasıyla İstanbul 15. Ağır Ceza Mahkemesi’nde görülen dosyanın İstanbul 3. Ağır Ceza Mahkemesi’nde birleştirilmesi için muvafakat (kabul etme) yazısı geldi. Avukat Özcan Kılıç da dosyaların birleştirilmesi talebinde bulundu.

Avukat Mehtap Acar Ulus, FETÖ suçlamasıyla yargılanan ve etkin pişmanlıktan yararlanan bir emniyet müdürünün, müvekkili Çağdaş Ulus’un sahte delillerle tutuklandığına dair ifadelerinin olduğunu belirtti ve bu konudaki delilleri mahkemeye sundu. Müvekkili Ulus’un dosyasının ayrılmasını talep etti.

Mahkeme, sanıklardan Yüksel Genç’in bir sonraki duruşmada savunmasını Ses ve Görüntü Bilişim Sistemi üzerinden (SEGBİS) sunmak üzere Diyarbakır’da bir mahkemede hazır edilmesi için talimat yazılmasına karar verdi.

Çağdaş Ulus’un dosyasının ayrılması yönündeki talebi reddetti. Ziya Çiçekçi’nin dosyasının birleştirilmesi talebini de reddetti.

İsmet Kayhan hakkındaki yakalama kararının infazının beklenmesine de karar veren mahkeme bir sonraki duruşmanın 25 Şubat 2020 saat 10.30’da görüleceğini açıkladı.

Duruşma Öncesi

Duruşma öncesi gazetecilerin bir kısmının barikattan geçip mahkeme salonu önünde beklemesine izin verildi.

Mahkeme salonu önü kalabalıklaştıktan sonra ise barikattan geçişler kapatıldı. İki gazetecinin salon önüne yaklaşkasına duruşma başladığı ana kadar izin verilmedi.

Gazeteciler ve güvenlik görevlileri arasında tartışma yaşandı. Gazetecilerden biri, güvenlik görevlisine “keyfi davrandığını” söyledi. Bunun üzerine güvenlik görevlisi barikatı kapatarak “Sadece senin geçişine izin vermiyorum, keyfi değil mi” dedi.

Duruşmanın başlamasıyla, güvenlik şefi gelerek, gazetecilerin içeri girişini sağladı.

Mahkeme Salonu koşulları

Mahkeme salonu katılımcı sayısına göre genişti. Mahkeme başkanı mikrofon kullanmadı ve duruşmada konuşulan hiçbir şey izleyici bölümünden duyulmadı.

Duruşmaya Katılım

Duruşmaya sanık müdafii olarak altı avukat katıldı. Duruşmayı, P24 ve Medya ve Hukuk Çalışmaları Derneği (MLSA) temsilcileri ve gazeteciler takip etti.

Genel Gözlemler

Duruşma öngörülen saatten 40 dakika sonra başladı, 25 dakika sürdü.

Salona girdikten sonra yaklaşık 10 dakika boyunca mahkeme katibi dosyayla ilgili telefonda konuştu. İzleyici bölümünden sadece “Burası terör mahkemesi değil” cümlesi duyuldu.

Avukatlar, konuşmanın; sanıklardan Yüksel Genç’in İstanbul 14. Ağır Ceza Mahkemesi’nde açılan dava dosyasının KCK Basın dosyasıyla birleştirilmesiyle ilgili olduğunu açıkladı.

Duruşma başladığında, avukatlardan biri başka bir adliyede de duruşması olduğu için ayrılacağını ifade etti. Bunun üzerine mahkeme başkanı öfkelendi, birkaç dakikalık bir tartışma yaşandı.

Mahkeme karar için ara verdiğinde salon boşaltıldı. Beş dakika sonra salonun kapısı açıldı. Mahkeme başkanının bir sonraki duruşma tarihini söylemesiyle duruşma sona erdi.

Mahkeme heyeti üyelerinden biri değişmişti. Mahkeme başkanı erkek, heyetin iki üyesi kadın hakimdi.

16. Standing - May 9, 2019

Mahkeme Başkanı, mikrofon kullanmadığı için 10 dakika süren duruşma boyunca katılımcılar çok az şey duyabildi.

Daha sonra duruşma tutanağından edinilen bilgiye göre, İstanbul İl Emniyet Müdürlüğü’nün sanık Dilek Demiral’ın pasaportu üzerindeki şerhin kaldırılması şeklindeki işlemlerin devam ettiği yönünde cevabı dosyaya eklendi.

Ayrıca “KCK Basın” soruşturmasını yürüten emniyet görevlileri hakkında görevi kötüye kullanma suçlamasıyla İstanbul 26. Asliye Ceza Mahkemesinde görülen yargılamanın devam ettiğine dair cevap ve duruşma zaptı örneği de mahkemeye ulaştı. Avukat Özcan Kılıç, Ocak 2019’da görülen bir önceki duruşmada bu davanın akıbetinin öğrenilmesini talep etmişti.

Mahkeme Başkanı, sanıklardan Yüksel Genç hakkında İstanbul 14. Ağır Ceza Mahkemesi’nde bir dava açıldığını ve İstanbul 14. Ağır Ceza Mahkemesi’nin kendilerine birleştirme kararı gönderdiğini söyledi. Mahkeme Başkanı, İstanbul 3. Ağır Ceza Mahkemesi heyeti olarak birleştirmeye onay vermediklerini söyledi.

Duruşma savcısı, bu duruşmada da esas hakkındaki mütalaasını açıklamadı; eksiklerin giderilmesini mütalaa etti.

Mahkeme ara vermeden, kararını açıkladı.

Sanıklardan Yüksel Genç hakkında İstanbul 14. Ağır Ceza Mahkemesi’nde açılan davanın İstanbul 3. Ağır Ceza Mahkemesi’ndeki dosyayla birleştirilmesini kabul etmeyen mahkeme, dosyayı İstanbul Bölge Adliye Mahkemesi’ne gönderdi.

Bir sonraki duruşmanın 22 Ekim 2019 saat 10.00’a bırakılmasına karar verildi.

Duruşma Öncesi

Avukatlar ve iki muhabirin salona girmesinin ardından salonun kapısı kapandı. Kapı kapandıktan sonra gelen izleyicilerin içeri alınmasına zorluk çıkarıldı.

Duruşmaya katılım

Duruşmaya altı avukat katıldı. Duruşmayı; P24, Medya ve Hukuk Çalışmaları Derneği (MLSA) ve Türkiye Gazeteciler Sendikası’ndan temsilciler ve muhabirler takip etti.

Genel Gözlemler

Mahkeme başkanı mikrofon kullanmadığı için, izleyici alanından sadece, sanıklardan Yüksel Genç’in dosyası ile ilgili konuşmalar ve bir sonraki duruşma tarihi duyulabildi.

Duruşma 10 dakika sürdü.

15. Standing - Jan. 11, 2019

Duruşma saatinde başladı ve 10 dakika sürdü.

Avukat Özcan Kılıç “KCK Basın” soruşturmasını yürüten emniyet görevlileri hakkında “görevi kötüye kullanma” suçlamasıyla İstanbul 26. Asliye Ceza Mahkemesi’nde açılan davanın akıbetinin öğrenilmesini talep etti.

“KCK Basın” soruşturmasını yürüten emniyet görevlileri hakkında “görevi kötüye kullanma” suçlamasıyla İstanbul 26. Asliye Ceza Mahkemesi’nde açılan davanın akıbetinin sorulmasına karar verildi.

Dava, 9 Mayıs 2019 gününe bırakıldı.

Duruşma Öncesi

Duruşma öngörülen saatte başladı. Öncesinde sanık gazeteciler ile duruşmayı takibe gelen gazeteciler sohbet etti. Duruşma öncesi herhangi bir destek açıklaması yapılmadı.

Mahkeme Salonu Koşulları

Mahkeme salonu katılımcı sayısına göre genişti. Mahkeme başkanı mikrofon kullanmadı ve sözleri katılımcılar tarafından duyulmadı.

Duruşmaya Katılım

Duruşmaya iki sanık ve dokuz avukat katıldı. Dört muhabir duruşmayı haber/rapor amacıyla takip etti.

Genel Gözlemler

Duruşma yıllardır sürdüğü, halen esas hakkında mütalaa verilmediği ve davada ilerleme olmadığı için duruşmaya katılım çok düşüktü.

“KCK Press” Trial (Indictment)

“KCK Press” Trial 15. Standing (Minutes of the Hearing)

“KCK Press” Trial 16. Standing (Minutes of the Hearing)

“KCK Press” Trial 17. Standing (Minutes of the Hearing)

“KCK Press” Trial 18. Standing (Minutes of the Hearing)

“KCK Press” Trial 19. Standing (Minutes of the Hearing)

Press in Arrest is a database, monitoring, documentation and collective memory study of Press Research Association.
+90 (312) 945 15 56 |

Creative Commons License
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.